Wednesday, July 01, 2009

New Venture (Quantama)

My last blog was quite a while back. I was caught up (lousy excuse) in establishing a tech-start up. I am currently working on a mobile proximity start-up focusing on Consumer Lifecycle Management for organized Retail (www.quantama.com).

Finding seed capital during recession, working on positioning for new market, getting a core team in place and getting the first customer on board have its own share of anomalies. Added to that, learning of things that you may have seen or done before all over again for the new market realities is an exciting challenge an entrepreneur may grow up to appreciate. In fact there is a sense of vuja-de experience (things look new even though you may have done them before) this time around.

Deep down inside, I know that all the positioning I perceive for the product before hitting the market is a preparation in principle to be able to cope with the game changing realities once the product rolls to production. Eventually the market shall position the product. The trick is to plan enough to minimize the delta efforts to reposition. This time around, I 'seem' to have understood the philosophy of "Flow with the Go" as Guy Kawasaki puts it in 'The Art of Start'... But the best is yet to come...

As Frank Sinatra's Song goes:
"Out of the tree of life, I just picked me a plum
You came along and everything started to hum
Still its a real good bet, the best is yet to come

The best is yet to come, and wont that be fine
You think you've seen the sun, but you aint' seen it shine"

I am hoping that this time around that I see the sun shine...

No comments: